Bringing Baby Home is an educational program for pregnant couples and families with children up to three years of age. It was designed and created by relationship experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman. The goal of the program is to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening the parental relationship.
The Gottman’s research demonstrates that when couples become parents, there is a significant decrease in their relationship satisfaction. Further research has shown that relationship discord and conflict have a profound negative effect on the couples’ infants and toddlers.
- A significantly lower rate of postpartum mood disorders, depression
- A decrease in relationship hostility
- A higher level of relationship satisfaction
- A decreased likelihood of divorce
Parents Learn to:
- Increase friendship in their relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Keep dads involved in infant care and parenting
- Improve the quality of parent–infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of their child
- Co-Parent effectively
Who Should Attend:
I would love for you to join me in an upcoming class! Couples of all backgrounds, ages, faiths and sexual orientations are welcome in class if you are planning to conceive, pregnant, adopting or have a child that is three years-old or younger. Your "non-mobile" baby is welcome to join you in class.